Here's the stuff I'm up to, things I'm into, & thoughts I'm onto.
Stuff I'm up to
- Developing: from jason version 3.0. I'm doing my best not to be too overly ambitious with updates, but its hard. I have a lot of ideas. Some of them are pretty okay too.
- Curating: my links into categories and themes, using raindrop.io. I do this when I'm bored, but its part of my larger developing project.
Things I'm into
- Old essays and articles: at night, I find myself searching for articles from the 1800s through to the 1990s. I have a nice little collection going that I'll publish soon. Have You Ever Tried to Sell a Diamond (The Atlantic, 1982) is one of my all-time favorite articles. I stumbled on it a decade ago, and was one of my first "ah-ha” moments about the joys of capitalism (sarcasm).
- Spending time with my niece: She's incredulously smart and funny. She gets it from her uncle.
Thoughts I'm onto
- "Quit smoking, Jason”: it's time. I bought a box of nicotine patches about a month ago. It's sitting on my desk. But it's not just the nicotine I'm addicted to. I've used "stepping out of a smoke” as little escapes— micro moments alone that I can use to reset, gather my thoughts, or just be alone. I don't want to take that away from me, so I need to replace it.
Last updated 2024-03-01.